Adopt A Trail Program
In August 2016, Friends of Carrollton GreenBelt partnered with Keep Carroll Beautiful to promote the Adopt-A-Trail volunteer program.
The Adopt-A-Trail initiative is a great way for individuals, families and organizations to get involved with the Carrollton GreenBelt by supplementing the maintenance efforts of City of Carrollton Parks and Recreation Department. Carrollton community is invited to take responsibility for the trail by performing simple tasks that include picking up litter, reporting repair needs and cleaning trail signage.
Anyone can sign up to care for a section of the trail. We welcome individuals, families, churches, social groups, schools, scout troops, community organizations and businesses. As some parts of the trail are longer and more remote than others, groups of at least two volunteers are encouraged.
To successfully adopt a trail, volunteers are required to attend a half-an-hour orientation. The 2019/2020 orientation will be held at the Stalling Center, Carrollton Parks and Recreation’s main office, on Wednesday, July 31st, at noon. Please RSVP to Martyna Griffin at email@example.com.
During their one year commitment, volunteers visit their trail section to perform the following tasks:
- Assess and report any maintenance needs or vandalism to the Facility & Parks Maintenance (770 834-8522)
- Remove any small debris that may be on the trail
- Collect and dispose of any litter along the trail corridor
- Clean trail signs (as needed)
- Trim around trail signs (as needed)
Carrollton Greenbelt’s Adopt-A-Trail Program
is accepting applications
for 2019/2020 season
- Get the printable 2019/2020 Adopt-A-Trail Application 2019/2020 here.
- Or scroll down for an online form!
- Hays Mill Trailhead (TH #1)
- Hays Mill Park Trail (#1)
- Trojan Trail (#2)
- Dixie Street Trail (#3)
- Strickland Road Trail (#4)
- Ayers Dairy Trail (#5)
- Old Newnan Road Trailhead (TH #2)
- Cedar Street Trail (#6)
- Curtis Creek Wetlands Trail (#7)
- Visitor’s Center Trailhead (TH #3)
- Visitor’s Center Trail (#8)
- Fire Station Spur (#9)
- East Carrollton Park Trail (#10)
- Castle Playground Spur (#11)
- Lakeshore Park Trail (#12)
- Lakeshore Drive Trail and Trailhead (#13/TH #4)
- Hobbs Farm Trail Connector (#14)
- Hobbs Farm Trail Loop (#15)
- Hobbs Farm Trailhead (TH #5)
- Rome Street Trail (#16)
- Kingsbridge Trail (#17)
- Little Tallapoosa River Trail (#18)
- Alabama Street Trailhead (#TH6)
- Brumbelow Road Trail (#19)
- University of West Georgia Trail (#20)
- Maple Street Trail (#21)
- The Bypass Trail (#22)
- The Shoals at Buffalo Creek Trail (#23)