“Take nothing but memories,
leave nothing but footprints“
The Carrollton GreenBelt
Your cooperation will help make the trail safer for everyone.
- The trail is open to all non-motorized users. (Motorized wheelchairs are allowed).
- The trail is open from dawn to dusk. The trail is closed at night.
- Trail users should refrain from venturing onto posted private property.
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs, and non-permitted firearms are not allowed on the trail.
- Vandalism and theft of trail amenities will result in prosecution.
- Reckless use of bicycle which endangers other trail users is prohibited.
- As a courtesy to others please refrain from smoking while on the trail.
The Carrollton GreenBelt is a linear city park. The City of Carrollton government has approved the trail rules and regulations.
While we do not post opening hours, the trail is open dawn to dusk – like any other city park.
Non-motorized use only
The trail, all the spurs, and adjacent walking paths or boardwalks are for non-motorized vehicles only.
Motorized vehicles are any vehicles that use an engine or motor to propel themselves and include, but are not limited to:
- Golf carts
- Scooters, mopeds, and motorcycles
- Power wheels
Exception: Motorized Wheelchairs are welcome!
The GreenBelt is a multi-use trail optimized for pedestrian and bicycle use. Trail etiquette helps identify the best practices that help everyone enjoy their time on the trail.