As of June 1st, 2020, all the amenities and bathroom facilities have been re-opened. For events, please contact the Parks Maintenance Department (770-834-8522).
On April 2nd, 2020, The State of Georgia has issued a state-wide Shelter in Place Order. This order supersedes the City of Carrollton Shelter In Place Order that was in effect.
At this time, all the City of Carrollton facilities like the bathrooms, parks, playgrounds, picnic shelters and tables, fit court, park and recreation buildings are closed.
Residents may still use the Carrollton GreenBelt trail for exercise but only if the social distancing rules or staying 6 feet away from other individuals are being followed (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html).
Please see the latest guidelines from the City of Carrollton officials:
What Does Shelter In Place Mean?
You should stay at home and only leave when necessary to:
- Get essential items such as food, supplies, household items, prescriptions, take-out orders. LIMIT TRIPS AND ONLY GET WHAT YOU NEED. Utilize Clicklist and Instacart as much as possible.
- Seek medical care, visit a doctor or dentist, get medical supplies, pet emergencies or other health-related needs.
- Go outdoors for fresh air, take walks with your family, walk your pet, play in your yard. The GreenBelt is open – but you must practice social distancing from others. ALL PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS, EQUIPMENT, AND AMENITIES ARE CLOSED.
- Go to work if employed by an essential business or work outside of the county.
- Take children to/from other parent’s homes per your custody agreement.
- Care for a family member outside of the home.
Carrollton GreenBelt COVID-19 Rules:
- The GreenBelt is OPEN, Playgrounds, restrooms, and parks are CLOSED.
- You must practice social distancing. Stay at least 6 feet away from people outside of your household.
- Zagster closed the Bike Share program until further notice. Riding your own bike is ok as long as you practice social distancing.
- Avoid peak hours. Late mornings and evenings seem to be the busiest on the GreenBelt. Take your walk, run or bike ride when there are less users on the trail and keep your distance.
- Share the trail, not the spread.
For latest news and trail status visit the City website:
City of Carrollton Facebook Page: