The BIG EVENT 5K Run / Walk Details
Please review the following information before arriving at the trailhead.
REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICKUP
- Early t-shirt and race number pickup is set for Friday, April 14, between 11am and 1pm at the Carrollton Parks and Recreation office (118 S White Street in Carrollton).
- The registration table opens at 8:15 am on Saturday (April 15). Registration forms will be available, however the race “goodies” are available while supplies last, and shirt sizes are reserved as first book, first serve basis. Online registration open until 5pm Friday.
- Big thank you goes to the BIG EVENT sponsors: Morgan Oil, the Fleck Family and Colorado Premium. The runners will receive the t-shirt, running number, and a frisbee.
- Upon presenting the tear-off ticket after finishing the run, the adult runners will receive a BIG EVENT / Printers Ale glass, and a beer, courtesy of Printers Ale Brewing Company. Kids will present their tear-off to the AGW Ice-Cream truck for … an ice-cream cone!
- We did our best to structure our shirt sizing around past events, but the sizes and “goodies” will be available while supplies last.
- The trailhead parking will be reserved for food trucks, bicycle parking, handicap parking, and event vehicles. All guests must follow volunteers’ directions and park in the field. The access to the parking lot will be restricted for the duration of the ribbon cutting and 5K/Bike Ride send off – approximately between 9 and 10am. Please arrive before 8:45am if you would like to park in the trailhead area.
- We would like to encourage all the event participants to walk, bike or carpool to the event. Parking is limited and every place counts!
- Alternative parking lots are available within 20 minute walk from Rome Street (Disc Golf Entrance), and Lakeshore Park (pool building, Lumpkin Drive, Lakeshore Trailhead docks, and N Lakeshore Drive), or within 20 bike ride from Castle Playground and East Carrollton Park. (MAP)
- Bicycle parking will be available onsite. Please bring a locking device and secure your bike. Please do not leave your bike unattended, and do not leave it on the trail.
- The start time for the run is scheduled to start at 9:15am, after the 9am ribbon cutting.
- The 5K will follow Route 3, starting in the trailhead parking lot and going towards Rome Street, turning around at the marker, coming back towards the trailhead and turning left around the Hoobs Loop, turning left towards Stewart Street and following GreenBelt to the crossing, turning around back to Hobbs and right onto the Loop, turning left to the finish line. We will have volunteers helping with directions. (Or: straight, turn around, left, left, left, turn around, right, right, left, finish!)
- West Georgia Track Club runners will serve as pacers. If you would like to control your speed, find a person representing your ideal mile time and stick with them!
- We are very happy to present our race rewards sponsored by Southern Home and Ranch Center just across Hwy 27 from the Hobbs Farm Park Trailhead and Disc Gold Course. Southern Home and Ranch Center carries a variety of GreenBelt “friendly” products – hammocks, bikes, coolers, organic sunscreen, coolers and picnic bags. They also stock the biggest selection of discs in the neighborhood!
- The fastest overall man and woman runner will receive the Yukon Outfitters Pattern Hammock (with straps – ready to turn you into human-caterpillar). They are gorgeous!
- The other awards are divided between fastest men and women in their age group, and feature six Disc Golf Starter Packs (3 discs each) (also from SH&RC) for the adults, and four small hammocks for the young runners.
- Medals and rewards will be awarded around 10:30am.